Alright from my last post I got a request for this recipe and I am more than happy to share it, even though its not really a recipe but i’ll give you the step by step on what i do.
So for you Mama mia the recipes:
- Take yummy chunk of meat cut up a few garlic cloves and insert them into the roast in different areas.
- Cover the outside in salt, pepper and rosemary, pour one regular mug full of hot water and two beef oxo packages into the roasting pan. DO NOT add veggies to the raosting pan otherwise you will not have sufficient supplies for your gravy later. Do veg separately.
- put into oven at 350; baste regularly; and if you have it, add a chunk of sewit to the top of it for added moisture and yumminess
- take two rounded tbsp of flour and about equal parts butter or margarine to a pot and mix together.
- Take the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan to this and stir till incorporated; YES it will be thicker than you want it at this point.
- In mug like before take another two beef oxo’s with hot water and then add this to the mix in the pot and stir. Thickness at this point is up to you if you need it thinner add milk till its just right; if it too thin add a mixture of cornstarch and milk to it and it will thicken again within a couple minutes; add salt and pepper to taste and add the blood from carving the roast and you’re done.
I can only hope that your roasts will end up similar to mine; like i said i don’t really have a recipe i’ve just been making it since forever. I apparently have a really good talent for pumping out roast dinners; it would have to honestly be my signature dish at this point.
|after 30 min in the oven… sorry i ate everything before realizing i needed “finished” pictures lol!!|