Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/SeedsofChangeCA all ideas and opinions are my own.
I am always on the lookout for great food that can make my mornings and work lunches easier so I was thrilled when Seeds of Change came to me with some great product suggestions. Seeds of Change is a certified organic rice and ancient grain brand that is bringing these amazing blends to your home, pre-made so you can create an amazing meal in no time. Plus a meal that is great for you and filled with great minerals and good fibre.. something sadly have been trying to incorporate more of into my current lazy diet.
With working outside the house some of my mornings are always rushed, trying to make myself a meal and a lunch before getting myself put together and get to work on time is always a challenge. Somedays more of a challenge than most. I have to admit I have been slacking it on my meal ideas, or just not taking any meals at all. But seeds of change has made a point of helping Canadians get easy access to simple organic foods that are great for our bodies! Now all Canadian families can have access to great organic meals without all the hassle.
Skipping meals is a major no no if you want to maintain a healthy balance. Our bodies need food to keep us going and a lot of us moms always feed ourselves last or not at all. Never thinking of ourselves. A habit that must stop so to help all of you out I have two great recipes using the Seeds of Change rices I like best to help you get in a meal and get it in FAST. Way better than skipping a meal all together and I promise they are delicious.
Spanish Rice Breakfast Bowl
1 cup of Seeds of Change Spanish rice
1 egg made any way you prefer
1 tbsp. of minced green onion
Your desired amount of hot sauce
- Heat up your rice as per the bags simple instructions in the microwave.
- Cook your eggs however you like: poached, fried, over easy, soft boiled – however you want it.
- Mince your green onions and place to the side and get out that hot sauce!
- place your egg on top of your Spanish rice, add your green onions and top with as much hot sauce as you like. Eat up and get on with your busy day!
Leftover Chicken Rice Bowl
1 cup of Seeds of Change brown rice, quinoa with garlic
1 cup of chopped leftover chicken
1 tbsp. of chopped red pepper
1 tbsp. of minced green onions
1 tsp of lemon juice
- Prepare your rice in a bowl as per the bags instructions.
- Chop up your chicken, red pepper and green onions while your rice heats up.
- Once heated place everything on top so of your rice, add your splash of lemon and eat up! This is always great to pack as a mason jar lunch as well, super portable and delicious.
NOTE when packing this as a lunch you can easily combine everything into your mason jar and heat in the microwave quickly while at work. No need to even cook before running out the door with it making it a super easy way to get the nutrients that you need!
These great rice mixes are perfect for when you are busy, great for family meal plans that require very little time to get to the table. A great way to feed the family on those practice nights when no one has time to breathe let alone cook a meal.
BONUS they are running a great contest which is just perfect for all those who love to get creative in the kitchen, just check out the details HERE!
What do you cook on those busy days??