Welcome to Mumfection mom of the week where I feature an incredible mom for all of you to get to know! I am so excited to be doing this and the best part is it will be a weekly feature, so if you want to get in on it feel free to e-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org! I will be more than happy to feature you!!
Carolyn Bechard is the voice behind momentsinmommyland.com, where she blogs about life as a Christian stay at home mom to two boys aged two and under. When she has a free moment she enjoys long hot baths, photography and singing (loudly) to Broadway musicals. She is also passionate about travel and has an especially fond place in her heart for all things Disney.
1. Give us a play by play of a regular day at your house…
As the mom of a barely two year old and a two month old, things are very unpredictable and a little chaotic. My goal every day is simply to survive with a smile on my face. It pretty much revolves around feeding both kids, changing diapers with a load of laundry thrown in somewhere between.
2. How has being a mother changed your view of life?
I’ve always been a sensitive and emotional person, but it’s gone to a whole other level since becoming a mother. I feel like my heart is constantly walking around outside my chest and things like the news bother me a lot more than they use too. I am also much more aware of the environments I place my children. They are like little sponges who soak up everything!
3. What has been, in your eyes, the biggest reward of motherhood?
Seeing my children smile, laugh and show their love. It’s incredible to think that they are literally a part of me. Words cannot express the joy they bring me on a daily basis.
4. What has been, in your eyes, the hardest struggle of motherhood?
I am usually a very clean and organized person. I like to be in control and have things a certain way. Having a toddler and newborn makes that incredibly difficult! Not only do they make a mess, but I also don’t have the time to clean up the house to the standards I like. I’m trying my best to let it go.
5. In what ways are your children exactly like you?
My toddler is a very sociable person. Most of the time he will talk to anyone who crosses his path with a smile on his face. I love meeting and chatting with new people, so I think he gets that from me. The baby however has more of my physical traits. He has my eyes and my dark hair. We are still learning about his personality.
6. In no more than a couple sentences give us a description of how you felt throughout your pregnancy/ies…
Excited yet miserable haha. I have yet to experience an ‘easy’ pregnancy but am holding out hope that it still may happen
7. How to do you measure a parents success in this world? Do you think you measure up to your own expectations?
I think we as parents can only do the best we know how to do. I believe a parent can do everything right, but in the end our children will still decide how to live their lives whether we agree with it or not. I want my children to feel loved by us and feel comfortable talking to us about anything. As a Christian parent I hope they will also understand that God loves them too, no matter what.
8. What are some of the lessons you have learned from your own parents about parenting?
That it’s important to always be honest and try our hardest. That matters more than whether we are super successful or recognized for what we’ve done.
9. What do you love about who you are as a woman and as a mother?
I feel like I am pretty confident in the decisions I make as a mother. I don’t feel intimidate or swayed by what other parents are doing these days. My husband and I decide what’s best for our family and if someone disagrees with that it doesn’t bother me.
10. How do you battle “parent guilt” on a daily basis? What advice would you give to others?
I am very open and honest about how I am feeling. When things aren’t going fantastic, I don’t shy away from it. For me it’s satisfying to just put it all out there on my blog. It’s my way of working through things that bother me and it also gives me a community of support from others. I love it!
- #mancandymonday – Dai Manuel “the moose is loose!” December 2, 2013
- #Ignite Kindle Fire giveaway!! December 1, 2013
- Thursday Thoughts on Parenting – Saving Money November 28, 2013
- Holiday Shopping with Shoppers!! November 26, 2013
- #ManCandyMonday – Bon Jovi November 25, 2013